A new firmware (SKAAR_21_21_36.11) and IPS version (v20.51.11) are now available to install for HP Latex R series printers. HP strongly recommends installing this new firmware and IPS version on all units, as it includes new functions and significant improvements.
Firmware and IPS can be upgraded by executing the automatic system upgrade maintenance in IPS front panel. Also, by downloading the firmware and IPS package from the hp.com website and installing it using the upgrade buttons on IPS front panel.
The MR6 firmware release includes the following new improvements and bug fixes with respect to the previous one:
- Improve substrate usage after the end of roll detection
- Automatic low power mode
- Printing Adjustment on the Fly
- Load and print substrate-linked workflows
- Schedule check and clean
- New substrate presets to reduce the halo effect (on transparent and ACP substrates)
- Color calibration workflow improvements
- Manual Printhead Alignment highlights
- HP Control Plot included in the IPS
- Choke white ink modifications
- Configuration Center benefits
- Job file management changes
- Printing a file saved on a USB
- Pinned jobs
- Job queue alignment
See additional details in the attached file.