Cancel search

banding on Latex 310

HP Latex 310 Printer

#1 pideas 8 years ago

I'm running a solid print on a matte coated stock. It's set for 10pass_CMYK_90. I'm using the HP coated 3in core ICC profilt.

I can't seem to get rid of the banding issue when running a solid. See attached photos. Any suggestions?

Attachments
#2 HP-MarcM 8 years ago

Hi pideas!

I would follow the recommendations from the User Guide about Horizontal Banding:

Latex 310 User Guide (page 112)

1. Issue on the pens, nozzles out. You need to clean and align printheads:

• Image-quality maintenance > Clean printheads > Print test plot
  • Image-quality maintenance > Clean printheads > Clean All
  • Image-quality maintenance > Align printheads > Auto-ph alignment (SAV media loaded)

2. Issue on the media-advance. Substrate-advance adjustment is highly recommended for 310 and 330 printers as the substrate advance is not automatically monitored by the substrate advance sensor:

• Image-quality maintenance > Substrate advance calib > Print adjustment plot.

If you are using a print mode with ten passes, try increasing the number of passes to twelve. Some degree of banding can be expected with few passes.

Furthermore, if you haven’t update your firmware to 6.2.10 version, I will do so we highly recommend to do it.

I hope this will solve your question.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.