Cancel search

HP 360 IS PRINTING 1/8 TO MUCH ON PRINTS

HP Latex 360 Printer

#1 BigCarl 6 years ago

In the real world an 1/8 inch is not that much, But here we do alot of street signs with 3/8 borders and 1/8 is a whole lot..

We use 3M 3930 HI.. The material loads correctly..with correct skew.

We use Flexi Design and Onyx rip

Example: 24.25 x 48.25

Flexi has these measurments, onyx has the same measurements

Printer will print:

X- 24.25In

Y -48.375in

How can i check if media feed is correct or some kind of test to find out what is going on.

Thanks,

Carl

#2 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @BigCarl

The best option will be to contact your support team. They will be able to check if you are following all the recommendations or if you need to install counterweights in the TUR dancer to ensure good consistency of length while printing.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 BigCarl 6 years ago

Like the example

Example: 24.25 x 48.25

Flexi has these measurments, onyx has the same measurements

Printer will print:

X- 24.25In

Y -48.375in

We re-set the matreial and sent the same print,

but turned it 48.25 x 24.25

Printer printed

X-48.25

Y-24.375

Is there a test we can run on the printer to check the media feed or anytrhing??

How can we improve it?
#4 BigCarl 6 years ago

This is happening in the Y direction even before the take up reel. This happens on a jobs of one sign, before we even have to tape it up the take up reel.

Could there be a sensor going out?

How can we improve it?
#5 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @BigCarl

No, there is no test that you can run.

I suggest you to If you check the HP Latex 300 Printer User Guide (page 82). You will see the specifications and how to proceed , which is basically to compensate for the RIP the percentage of deformation you see for each substrate, re-scaling the image hence you will get the exact dimension desired.

I hope this helps

How can we improve it?
#6 AdaptiveTextile 6 years ago

I've run into this quite a few times while running certain medias, especially if they are somewhat thick. After some research, and a ton of wasted media, I've found some things that helped..

-Turn the MAX SKEW setting all the way down (I think it goes to 39mm). This makes you load your substrate almost perfectly. It can take a lot longer at first, until you get the hang of it.

-Clean, then calibrate your OMAS sensor and clean your line sensor under the printhead.

-Print at a higher number of passes. We've printed grids here that are a perfect 10"x10" square, and on lower passes (between 4 and 10 passes) we noticed that the vertical axis was always 1/8"-1/4" longer than it should have been, but the horizontal axis was perfect. This led me to believe that the printer was feeding way too much media through each pass. It was surprising, because this shouldn't be an issue. When I moved my print up to 12 passes, the problem was almost gone, and at 16 passes, it was perfect. Unfortunately, it also adds an insane amount of time to the printing process.

I hope any of these suggestions help!

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.