Cancel search

HP 570-paper-intermittent banding

HP Latex 500 Series

#1 chrisnz 6 years ago

Hi There

I am running an hp 570 with onyx 12.1

im having an issue with a paper stock i run all the time, sometimes i wont have this issue for weeks and then it will appear again and may not go away for a while.

basicly it is as if the media stops feeding for a time and therefore prints over the same spot multipul times resulting in the image ive supplied.
i have fixed it in the past by creating a new profile however this doesnt always work.

this time round i have created a new profile, cloned the existing profile, imported the working profile from my other 570 and also powered off a couple timed and even unplugged the machine completly. aswell as run the head calabritions etc.

My tech originally put it down to an error in the profile and has also said that because my company runs these machines pretty much nonstop it could be just bugs in the machine so powering off should solve.

just wondering if anyone else has exprienced this issue or has any advice?

cheers

chris

#2 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @chrisnz

We always suggest to use certified Medias. You can do a search at the Media Solution Locator and filter by type of Media, Printer and Certification.

We can also recommend the Take up Reel as most profiles require it with papers. Please watch the this video for further clarification: Take-up-Reel (TUR) for HP Latex 560 and 570 Printers

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.