Cancel search

HP LATEX 330 Colour (Fuzzy - Grainy - Blurry ) Quality Issues - I can't figure this out!?

HP Latex 330 Printer

#1 --- 6 years ago

Hi guys, I'm hoping I can get some help here with "fuzzy" "grainy" colour quality.

I have a HP Latex 330, when I print solid colours I always get this very grainy effect that I can't get rid of. I've tried upping the passes and putting higher saturation in the profiles, doesnt seem to work, unless i'm doing something wrong.

Here are some sample examples.

What I'm getting...

What I know my machine is capable of

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

#2 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @CoffeeLife88

The graininess issue could be caused by several factors. Below there is a list of possible solutions for it:

• Make sure that the option “Vertical correction” it’s NOT enabled. From the front panel (Options > Image-quality maintenance > Vertical correction > Off).
  • Printhead alignment. I will recommend you to make an automatic alignment with the self-adhesive vinyl loaded.
  • Substrate advance calibration. (Page 110 of the User Guide).
  • Increase the number of passes.
  • If the grain only affects light area fills, you could try also to increase the amount of Optimizer.

Please let me know if any of these recommendations helps

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.