Cancel search

HP Latex 700 W vinyl sticker warping

#1 mike13937 10 months ago

When we try to print on hologram vinyl material it comes out great, but during the drying process it appears to be warping the vinyl sticker material off the backing. Tried to adjust the Curing temperature to 158 and that did not help. Are there any suggestions? Thank you

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 10 months ago

Hi @mike13937,

I have checked the holographic vinyl issue with the team and unfortunately, they have not worked with this material before.

HP does not have any holographic vinyl certified in the media locator.

First of all, make sure that this media is supported for latex technology. From the image provided, everything points to the fact that it is because it is an unsupported media. No heat can be applied to it.

Reducing the curing temperature further is not a viable way because at lower temperatures the latex will not cure.

My colleagues were not able to offer an alternative for holographic media either, as they do not have any experience with it.

I am sorry I cannot offer an alternative.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.