Cancel search

Hp570 ink creating de-lamination problem for hot laminates

#1 tjvisualdesign5118 3 years ago

I've switched to a Hp570 and have noticed that the ink is creating a de-lamination problem when hot laminating. The paper is a polypropylene synthetic paper and the laminate is 43 micron glossy laminate. I don't have any problems with normal cellulose based paper and the same hp570 ink, but as the HP570 is incapable of printing on cellulose based paper I have no choice but to go to a synthetic paper.

The synthetic paper is designed to be laminated but it seems like the ink is creating a waxy layer.

I'm using 110% color 10 pass with 35% optimizer at 100 degrees C

I've tried increasing/decreasing the temp, increasing/decreasing optimizer, but it looks like the ink is problem. Just need to know what paper works on these problematic machines?

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 3 years ago

Hi @tjvisualdesign5118,

Every SAV substrate should work on the HP printer. See below some recommendations to fix the issue:

• Review the SAV film specifications and overlaminate specifications to find recommended combinations. • Some media suppliers and dealers provide a compatibility matrix where these recommendations are also made. Review it when available. • Surfaces where overlaminated printed film will be applied need to be cleaned to remove surface contaminants. • Give overlaminated printed films time to bond before manipulating them: 24h for regular jobs (direct application). • 20⁰C-60% RH environment.

I hope this helps.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.