Cancel search

initial start-up for HP115 Latex printer

#1 Cfati 2 years ago

Hello all, I am completely new to large format printing. I am a small business owner looking to grow. I recently purchased a Latex 115 printer, but haven't a clue how to get it operational as far as internet connection, computer connection, etc..

• Does the printer have to be connected t a PC or can I use a laptop?
    • I have a LAN line from my internet router but the printer always fails step [13].

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 2 years ago

Hi @Cfati,

Please follow the next steps:

1. Install current FW

2. Check through EWS the next options:

a. Ensure that you are using an IP static, instead of configured by DHCP, otherwise, every time you power on the printer (or wake up from sleep) the server can assign a different IP address.

b. Check also if you have set up properly the proxy server and make sure you are using the port :8080 instead of :80. Please check with IT that this Server proxy is working properly.

1. Check the DNS configuration. We are using a universal. You should have a DNS configuration.

See also the attached photos. I hope this helps.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 steven-p8537 2 years ago

#1 The printer will ALWAYS fail #13 -- it is a firmware bug that HP has acknowledged and promised to fix for at least 3 years, but despite interim firmware updates, the problem still remains. Although it fails #13, it is connected to the internet.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.