Cancel search

L360 Printing on Reflective Media

HP Latex 360 Printer

#1 CustomSigns 8 years ago

Hi There,

We have reciently purchased a L360 and have had alot of problems trying to print sucessfully on to Class 1 reflective material. We have been using 3M 3930 media and have had mixed results.

We can get it to print, however we find issues with the media head striking and distorting and running into the heaters. This happens randomly and usually in the middle of an important print.

The other issue we have is with the print not completely drying and leaving a greasy film on the surface. This is also random, some parts of the prints are completely fine and other parts are still visibly wet...

Please help as printing reflective is a major part of our business and this is not working at all for us.

#2 ProColorGraphix 8 years ago

I am not sure what Class 1 is, but I do print on standard reflective, like 3M IJ680. There was also another off brand that I tried and had success with. The paper was pretty thin on that one, so I did get a lot of curl when it came out of the heater, but it did work.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 HP-MarcM 8 years ago

Nowadays our experts are working with the 3M 3930 media in order to check if it is compatible with the HP Latex printers. It will take some time until all the tests and processes are done and we can provide the ideal settings to print this kind of media.

However, here are the settings they recommend for 3M reflective materials. The first column is for all colors with the exception of construction work zone black in the second column.

Relative Humidity Range for Best Print Quality 30%-55%

Temperature Range for Best Print Quality 60% - 75%”

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.