Cancel search

Latex 360 wavey vertical banding

HP Latex 360 Printer

#1 --- 7 years ago

Hi,

I'm getting a wavey vertical banding, especially on black or dark colours. it seems to get worse as the printer heats up. I have aligned and cleaned the print heads. It does fade a little after the print has settled for a 30 mins or so. When running a test the wavey marks seem to apear in the black print and it seems a little grainy. Any ideas?

#2 HP-Sonia 7 years ago

Hello MJ360

If you are experimenting issues with vertical banding I'll recommend you to follow the instructions provided in the following topic: Problems of regular vertical bands

Please let me know if these tips have helped you.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 PG1 7 years ago

Hi

This one looks like plasticiser migration, looking at the wavy mark in the print. This is a known issue with certain Banner and Vinyl products, and is often caused by excess sweating in the shipping of the product in containers from the far east at certain times of the year. You will need to speak to your supplier about this.

HP has recognised this issue and one of the Upgrades the L570 has is a wiper arm to cope with this sort of issue, this wipes the surface before printing and alleviates this problem.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.