Cancel search

Precision with small letters on the Latex 360

HP Latex 360 Printer

#1 TG-Frank 9 years ago

We are dealers in Switzerland, and we have lost a 360-deal because of low precision on small decals like small labels. For my opinion, this is an issue because of the carriage speed of the 360 can't be reduced to standard 40ips (as it can be done on a Latex 280), and there is no unidirectional print mode available.

I would highly apprechiate that this issues can be considered in a next firmware update.

#2 HP-MarcM 9 years ago

Hi TG-Frank,

I really appreciate you feedback on the HP Latex 360, I've already give it to the HP Latex 360 engineers.

They've told me that you have the option of printing at 40dpi with the HP Latex 360 when you are printing at 16 - 20 passes. If the reduction of speed is not critical for you, this could be a solution.

Thank you again!

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 TG-Frank 9 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, this could be a solution for some appliances, I will do testing. I still would prefer - as on the 280 - to set the scan speed individually and set the print mode to unidirectional too.

An other question: do you know why - as it looks like - every default profile on the Latex 300's are set to 116°C?

How can we improve it?
#4 HP-MarcM 9 years ago

Hi again,

Normally all the generic profiles have the same temperature for all the printmodes. The temperature only changes depending on the media selected:

Generic Self Adhesive Vinyl: 6, 8, 10 Pass (tots a 116oC)

Generic PVC Banner: 4,6, 10 Pass (tots a 110oC)

Generic Paper: 6, 8, 10 Pass (tots a 80oC)

How can we improve it?
#5 TG-Frank 9 years ago

I have downloaded some media profiles and do recalibration, and it looks like that a lot of profiles are set to 116°. Perhaps it was irritating that I have written about "default profiles". But this is not a big problem to handle.

Thank you for your kind feedback.Now I just need an unidirectional print mode only .

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.