Cancel search

Presets Download error - SAI Flexi 19 - HP335 C&P

#1 EV333-CPAS 2 years ago

Hi folks, has anyone experienced an issue when attempting to download a media preset from within SAI's Production Manager? I can and have downloaded countless OMS files, through PM, over the web, through the printer, through the EWS, none of which present me an issue. However, when I attempt to download any media preset (XML) file from any manufacturer within PM's [Default Job Properties]-[Media Management]-[Latex Media Explorer] this is where I run into issues. Clicking the "Online Public" tab, PM will populate all of the media that has been deployed to my printer and hundreds of others.

When I choose the media that I have just loaded (or any media for that matter) I am presented with the various print modes for said media. At the top of that dialogue box lives the "Download" button. However, clicking this button simply gives me the green progress indicator (that only ever progresses half way) followed promptly by a pop-up which states ERROR. As you can appreciate, the single solitary word ERROR tells me nothing.
Countless hours spent trying to troubleshoot this issue, countless days going back and forth with SAI via emails has yielded no results. They suggested I call the vendor who sold me the printer, sadly, they too were as clueless as I am now. I thought I'd try my luck here prior to having to raise a ticket with HP. I know the list that is populated in the Latex Media Explorer connect to HP's library. Seeing as though I can get the list to come down, tells me that it isn't a connectivity issue? I am not a fan of Windows and only started using it as Flexi19 only runs on Windows. I've checked firewalls, Windows defender, went through event viewer's logs and here I sit typing out the next Best Selling novel appealing to the community for assistance in downloading media presets (XML Files). Everyone I've communicated with to date keeps pointing me to the OMS file.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Has anyone else come across this issue or am I really that "special"?

Thanks in advance. EV333

Attachments
#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 2 years ago

Hi @EV333-CPAS,

We did the test and it seems to be a problem of SAI. We have the exact same error.

However, when we try to download it from the printer with the media locator, it works fine. Because of this, we concluded it's a SAI issue.

Was this helpful?Yes1 No0
100% of users thought this content was helpful.
How can we improve it?
#3 EV333-CPAS 2 years ago

Thanks Daniela, I suspect it is an SAI issue but trying to convince the folks at SAI is proving rather frustrating.

As far as I know, the OMS media file can be downloaded from the printer but not the XML preset. I'll double check it once I've filled my head with food. It's been a long frustrating day.

I'll give back same update this post of and when a resolution has been found.

[Edit] So it appears that I've been led astray in regards to the XML file. There is no XML file to download, you create it

alwayslearning.

I picked up some new media today and had to install the profile via the EWS as each time I try to use it, it's "broken".

Recently I had to email them regarding a separate issue and based on their reply, which displayed nothing but disdain towards their customers, their reluctance to own their problems and fix their software is understandable. Vic

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#4 EV333-CPAS 2 years ago

SAI sent me an email yesterday. They have identified the acknowledge that there is an issue on their end. Fingers crossed a fix isn't too far away.

How can we improve it?
#5 EV333-CPAS 2 years ago

#4 SAI just sent me a link to the patch file. I downloaded and installed said patch and everything is now working as it should. If anyone needs the patch, sing out and I'll forward you the link.

How can we improve it?
#6 HP Daniela Ciolompea 2 years ago

Hi @EV333-CPAS,

Thank you for sharing!

How can we improve it?
#7 EV333-CPAS 2 years ago

You're welcome. Would you like a link to the patch file offered by SAi?

How can we improve it?
#8 mariitzajl11382 a year ago

#5 Can you please send me the information?

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.