Cancel search

Watercolor to Canvas on R1000 Plus Printer

#1 micah.g.griffin7694 3 years ago

I am collaborating with an artist who paints watercolor art. We would like to Reproduce this to canvas Working with someone who has the R1000 plus printer and she has some questions.

How well does the latex ink transfer the watercolor paintings to canvas? Pigmented ink is considered more archival and would look more authentic. She used one ages ago and had issues with water color to canvas. Will the latex ink work well or better than pigmented ink?

Can we use a 140lb (or even better - 300lb) 100% cotton watercolor paper for the prints? I assume yes but want to make sure.

Thank you in advance for your help.

#2 jb@HP 3 years ago

Hi @micah.g.griffin7694,

I think this will look great! I have printed a number of Fine Art papers, including Hahnemuhle and Canson through the R-Series - even some metallised papers!

The Latex inks are pigmented inks, so you still get that famed long pigment life.

The printer uses heat to cure, so whoever is printing it for you may need some extra media to get the right temperature and ink levels to produce the best result - and the heavier weight paper will usually be a little more forgiving through the curing heaters.

Hope that helps - let us know how you go!

JB.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 HP Daniela Ciolompea 3 years ago

Hi @micah.g.griffin7694,

Latex printers are capable to print directly on 100% cotton watercolor paper. Check for a certified preset in Media Locator or create a custom profile.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.