Cancel search

Wavy Pattern in Print HP Latex 310

HP Latex 300 Series

#1 WrapThatCar 5 years ago

Has anyone else experienced this wavy rippled pattern while printing? I am using an HP Latex 310 and printing on 3M IJ35C at 10 Pass with 100% Saturation and a temperature of 241. This pattern has been happening throughout the entire print (about 40'), and I'm not sure if it's a printing problem or a media problem. I have tried adjusting my heat levels, but that does not make a difference. I have also tried to clean an area with alcohol prior to printing and doing a test print to see if it is plasticizer issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

#2 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

After looking at your pictures it seems that we are in front of a plasticizer issue. However, it is clear enough .

Plasticizers are caused by:

-Media storage conditions are not good. To improve it you should keep media on the same room conditions than the printer, within environment conditions specs, the optimal ones are from 20 to 25º.

-Media batch used is too old. Do not store SAV for long time.

Plasticizer is not a printer issue, it is a media issue, but, we have some tips to improve this effect:

-Improve media storage conditions as advised early

-Clean media surface before print with isopropyl alcohol

-Increase OPT level to 30% even 35%

If issue still persist change media batch and try again with a new roll of the same media. And if even with this, you still having the same issue, please contact with support team.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 WrapThatCar 5 years ago

Thank you for your reply. This was a new roll of material, and we decided to return it to our distributor for a replacement. I was pretty sure that it was a problem with the media instead of the printer. Thanks for the reassurance.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.