Cancel search

Latex 365 - Roll Media with Core Ends Extruding Out - Double Sided Banner Issue

#1 graphics13574 11 months ago

I have noticed that many of the scrim banner suppliers have media with cores that protrude out about .25" on the ends. Media is 38" and the core is 38.5". When loading the printer that core space is .25" from the "0" edge on the loading tube. After loading, the media sees 38.25" width of media.

I need to print a double sided banner.

I do my normal setup through Onyx and proceed with side A. Once the print is completed and on the take-up tube it is now on a receiving core with no space on the far right. Not like its main core with .25" space to start. Moved that printed core to main core and loaded the printer. Started the 2nd side process and the banner is off .25" in the width. I figure you need top have a flat roll to start with. Does the printer measure the media from edge to edge or only the scan/left side? Any solutions to make the heads know that there is a .25" core gap on the end?

Thanks for help.... Accurate Repro / Naperville IL.

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 11 months ago

Hi @graphics13574,

My suggestion is to adjust the right edge position (see the picture attached). I hope it helps.

Attachments
   image.png
Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 graphics13574 11 months ago

Thank you...I will look into this. HP recommends that I trim each roll flat...LOL...

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.