Cancel search

Can you print a Red RAL3020 on HP Latex?

#1 tailoxal 3 years ago

Hi there! I would like to print a good red on my HP Latex 315 that I have been using for the past 2 years.

Solid red on a white substrate Metamark MDP-H

Please consider that I use this HP Latex 315 only for printing italian standard safety signs. Solid black on yellow substrate; solid red, green or blue on white substrate. When red is involved I just use the Mimaki wich is getting old though

I never been able to achieve a good red, a deep orange on the best days with the best setting: 0-100-100-0 20p - 120 density

Today I wanted to get the reddest red I can get so:

I have already tried to change the CMYK of my red, the only good alternative was 0-95-100-0. Adding Cyan or Black took away brightness from the red.

So i wanted to ask: Can you print a Red RAL3020 on your HP Latex? Or any good deep red

Can the Latex 315 achieve a good red?

If that's a yes I guess that the three possible culprits for my problems may be:

1) ICC - I can't create my own ICC (no spectrophotometer, no options from HP Latex 315). I tried the factory preset for Metamark MDP-H but it took away brightness from my colors. I just print without color correction. I only use the linearization of the preset when I want to change the density/passages during the print (standard usally 10p - 110%)

2) faulty printhead - maybe the magenta doesn't get pushed out correctly? The printhead test looks perfect though

3) dumbness of the operator - Am I missing something?

Thank you for any help!

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 3 years ago

Hi @tailoxal,

If you need to create an ICC, you have to use an external spectrophotometer in order to have a Red RAL3020.

In this what I can recommend is performing a nozzle check, and if some PHs are not performing correctly I recommend cleaning them.

Here is a video explaining how to clean the Print Heads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP6WwQdDUTM

Was this helpful?Yes0 No1
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.