Cancel search

Color Calibration fails with Canvas Setting - HP 365

HP Latex 365 Printer

#1 SCB44 4 years ago

We are running HP 365 with Firmware NEXUS_03_14_00.8

When we run a color calibration on photo paper everything works great. When we switch the profile to Canvas and load Canvas into the printer the color calibration fails. It does all the printing and all the scanning, but fails at the very end.

Our printer/supplies distributor recommended leaving the photo paper in the printer and switching the profile to canvas and running the color calibration on photo paper. This worked for several months but is no longer working today.

Any ideas?

#2 SCB44 4 years ago

SOLUTION: We cloned the canvas profile and were actually able to color calibrate on canvas media.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

Hello @SCB44

This printer is not using an embedded spectrophotometer, so the calibration is made by the line sensor, where the lens is easier to get dirty, try to clean this part and check if the issue remains.

I link you to this article to understand how to clean the line sensor: https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/blog/line-sensor-cleaning-hp-latex-100-300-500-printer-series

If still there, I would suggest contacting HP support to handle the case accordingly.

How can we improve it?
#4 paulelw 4 years ago

#1 Glad it seems to be working correctly for you. If any further colour issues arise i would recommend creating a proper profile using a Colour Spectrometer such as an Eye One.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.