Cancel search

HP DesignJet L26500 (HP260 Latex) blues printing purple

HP Latex 200 Series

#1 jprout65 7 years ago

I have recently noticed that my EPS files I have been printing containing PMS colors that are blue in nature are printing on the purple-ish side. I have printed out all the test, printhead and color plots and they look perfect. This has happened on both a banner material profile and wet-strength paper profile, both of which 'used' to print normally.

I cannot pin-point where the issue is... profiles, inks, printheads or the Adobe Creative Suite ink management? Below is some of the current information on the inks/printheads in the machine.

Ink:

M Cartridge: 766ml - exp. 3/13/18

Y Cartridge: 497ml - exp. 6/2/15

K Cartridge: 761ml - exp. 3/15/19

C Cartridge: 760ml - exp. 3/11/19

LM Cartridge: 473ml - exp. 6/30/14

LC Cartridge: 704ml - exp. 5/13/14

Printheads:

C-LC PH 1: fired: 100ml (2016)

C-LC PH 2: fired: 121ml (2015)

Y-K PH 3: fired: 1478ml (2011)

Y-K PH 4: fired: 35ml (2016)

M-LM PH 5: fired: 30ml (2016)

M-LM PH 6: fired: 31ml (2016)

Color Correction: checked off

The attached JPEG shows the Pantone 300c chip overlaying the actual print which looks very much like periwinkle.

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments
   IMG_0003.JPG
#2 TG-Frank 7 years ago

In opposite to Dye-Ink, I would not use pigmented ink for a long time after they expire. The pigments could settle in the cartridge, so the printer could print with a much lower pigment density in the ink than with a new cartridge.

You should switch on color management too. While for example C100/M100 should give blue, most of the outdoor inks prints that ink relation very purple.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 Roy_Kuzmich 7 years ago

I have experienced incorrect colours with both Latex and other HP printers.

Have seen that the internal test prints for the PH's look perfectly fine so I start trying everything to correct but ultimately come back to replacing a PrintHead or two to correct the issue.

I noticed that you have one YK PH dated 2011 (#3) with over 1000 ml ink used .

I would start by replacing this printhead. It is 4-5 years older than the others.

I would also start thinking about replacing 2 PH's at a time. When you replace one of a colour, replace both.

You will see more consistency with your colours when you try to keep the usage of matching colours as equal as possible and you will likely get 2 from the same production lot.

Good Luck

Roy K

How can we improve it?
#4 jprout65 7 years ago

I thought that was probably going to be an answer but in the effort to save $$$ for the company, I was hoping to find another work around. Penny wise, pound foolish!

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.