Cancel search

HP Latex 115 printing fabric

HP Latex 100 Series

#1 GregB62 5 years ago

What do I need or is it even possible to print durable textiles on a 115? I have perused the media locator and many other places to find this answer. From what I can gather, you don't need ink collector on certain fabrics but do need platen cover. For instance, The HP compatibility chart says the 115 can print on HP Light Fabric with a take up reel and a platen cover. It lists platen cover (B2W90A) which seems to be for a DESIGNJET L2850. Can this platen cover be used on a 115? Can some on tell me what I am missing or needing to print on fabric for soft signage.

#2 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

The printer is not designed to be used with porous substrates, and could be damaged by them. To check the porosity of your substrate, proceed as follows.

1. If the printer has any substrate loaded, unload it.

2. Cut a piece of self-adhesive vinyl white gloss 15 × 50 mm (0.6 × 2 in) in size.

3. Stick it to the platen as shown.

4. Load the substrate that you want to check.

5. Open your RIP software.

6. Download the test file from inside the printer: http://printerIP/hp/device/webAccess/images/ Ink_trespassing_check.pdf, where printerIP is the IP address of your printer.

7. Print the test file using the number of passes and substrate preset that you intend to use in future with this substrate (or a similar profile in terms of ink limit).

8. Unload the substrate.

9. Remove the strip of self-adhesive vinyl from the platen.

10. Look at the self-adhesive vinyl you have taken from the platen.

● If the strip is completely white (has no ink on it), the tested substrate is non-porous and can be used for printing as described in this guide.

● If there some ink on the strip, the tested substrate is porous and should not be used.

11. Clean the platen: see Clean the platen on page 130 on the User Guide.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.