Cancel search

HP Latex 315 Color Calibration Failing

HP Latex 300 Series

#1 mpopje00 5 years ago

Wondering if anyone else has seen this and maybe someone knows if there's a fix. I have a 315 that I use at work, and every time I try to perform the color calibration, it will get to about 32% or so and then it gives me an error and makes me restart the printer. I'm attaching photos of the progress it gets to before failing, along with the error message it gives me. If anyone has any suggestions or anything, please let me know, any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments
   IMG_5880.JPG
   IMG_5881.JPG
#2 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

As this is happening during printing you should check that the PrintHead's are in good condition. Besides, you can also uninstall and reinstall the media profile. If after all these checks the issue persists you should contact your reseller.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 Pisu 4 years ago

Try It with Another substrate selected in the printer software. Problem could be in the substrate profile.

How can we improve it?
#4 ivoslbg5445 4 years ago

#1 Generally this error is about anything and means "Update firmware". If you did this, next step is to produce another profile just from scratch and delete the profile you are using and trying to calibrate. You may also see these links just for more information: https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/blog/simple-guide-color-accuracy-and-consistency-hp-latex-printers

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03051807

How can we improve it?
#5 paulelw 4 years ago

This is normally a firmware error(hard drive or installed firmware is acting up).

You can reinstall the same number or higher version firmware. before doing any of this it is best to backup any substrates in your library. Best method is via a USB Drive to avoid any hangups on network.

This is in the web server (IP Address of the printer) under Substrate Management. Be prepared to contact your service tech in case the hard drive becomes more problematic.

This can be indicated with slow start-ups and slow actions such as loading library from front screen.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.