Cancel search

HP Latex 360 Fuzzy/Blurry/Overspray in spots

HP Latex 360 Printer

#1 jrhodus 8 years ago

Hello,

I need some help with a fuzzy/blurry line issue with my Latex 360's(Photo attached). I didn't have this issue with my L25500.

The fuzzy/blurry/overspray lines are only in certain areas which makes the problem even stranger.

I'm running Ergorsoft Posterprint - 12pass, 600x1200, 600x600 rasterization, 110% saturation

I've tried all combinations of high and low optimizer, airflow, interpass delay, heat, the color/small print optimizer on/off etc.. I've aligned and cleaned printheads.

I'm printing on a heat transfer media for apparel.

Need some help with this!

Thanks

Attachments
#2 PG1 8 years ago

Hi

Looks similar to an issue we had.

Check that in the menu settings for Image Quality Maintenance, that both Vertical Correction and Colour Correction of small text are both switched off, this sorted our problem.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 jrhodus 8 years ago

Thanks for the response.

I've always had vertical correction off and I've tried with both color variation on and off and neither way solved the issue.

I've been told to add color bars down the sides of the prints and though this did help, it didn't completely solve the issue and it's not the solution I want as it wastes ink, media and interferes with my registration marks for contour cutting.

How can we improve it?
#4 ferrer_leo 8 years ago

Hi! I've had the same issue, maybe you should down the saturation at 80 - 90 % . It works for me. I'm printing on Self Adhesive Ritrama RiJ45.

How can we improve it?
#5 HP-MarcM 8 years ago

When some fuzzy/blurry/overspray lines appear in the job, I will recommend to do one of the things listed below in order to try to correct the issue:

1. Ensure that printhead aligment is correctly performed. The automatic printhead alignment is
recommended.
2. Use a render resolution of 600 dpi.
3. Add spit bars. It will keep the printhead fresh if it is not used during the swath.
4. Rotate the job 90 degrees. Depending on content, rotation will allow the maintenance of
constant image quality during the entire swath.
5. Print the text in vertical orientation (paper axis orientation). By doing that, the spray
generated while printing will be located between lines, not between letters, making the output
more readable.
6. Print in high quality mode. 10 pass printmode or higher.
7. For color text, turn ON the Color variation and text-line correction option. It can be found in
the printer frontpanel under Image-quality maintenance > Color variation and text-line
correction > On. This option also keeps the printhead fresh if it is not used during the swath.

If none of this tips work, I will recommend you to contact HP Support (thru your reseller).

How can we improve it?
#6 jrhodus 8 years ago

@ferrer_leo Thanks for the response. I've tried lower saturation levels and the problem still occurs, but lighter.

@HP-MarcM I've tried all of these things and they haven't fixed the problem. I'm in contact with HP for more solutions. For now I'm using the colorbars to be able to move forward with profiling. Having problems there too so I'll start a new thread.

Thanks

How can we improve it?
#7 Roy_Kuzmich 8 years ago

Try following the steps for a manual PH alignment. I had a unit that did not look like it was aligning properly until I did the manual PH alignment and then auto alignments worked fine after that.

Cheers and Good Luck.

Roy

How can we improve it?
#8 ProColorGraphix 8 years ago

You need to call tech support and tell them about the issue. When I did, they told me they had a bad batch of magenta inks and that is what was causing it. I had the SAME exact issue you have. They replaced all 3 magenta heads and sent out new inks. They also sent out a tech to update the firmware with some new version. He did it off of a usb drive. After they did this, the magenta overspray issue went away. I bet this is what your problem is. No amount of cleaning or head alignments is going to solve your problem.

How can we improve it?
#9 --- 8 years ago

I have my printer paired up with a Summa cutter which uses 3mm square marks for registration. I too am having trouble fuzzy registration marks.Rotating will not help since the marks are square. The spit line works to a degree however, many times there is not room for an extra line. I just did a head alignment and only the black seemed to be guilty of fuzzing out. Still , this problem needs a solution.Tell me the engineers are working on it.(don't fib) Thanks

How can we improve it?
#10 HP-MarcM 8 years ago

Hi Chimuka,

I will recommend you to download the new firmware as I've said in this other blog post:

Printheads go out with no warning.

Anyway, you can try to print thicker lines in order to correct this problem. If this doesn't solve your problem, and you are not able to add spit bars, I will like to ask you to contact your support representative.

How can we improve it?
#11 grafinkz5158 5 years ago

Im having a similar issue with blurry areas in my print - large or small jobs. Anyone else experienced this issue before?

• Print heads - good
  • did printhead alignment (auto)
  • fresh inks

happens on paper and vinyl most times

Attachments
How can we improve it?
#12 grafinkz5158 5 years ago

Im having a similar issue with blurry areas in my print - large or small jobs. Anyone else experienced this issue before?

• Print heads - good
  • fresh inks

Attachments
How can we improve it?
#13 grafinkz5158 5 years ago

• Print heads - good
  • fresh inks

Attachments
How can we improve it?
#14 grafinkz5158 5 years ago

• Print heads - good
  • fresh inks

Attachments
How can we improve it?
#15 grafinkz5158 5 years ago

• Print heads - good
  • fresh inks

Attachments
How can we improve it?
#16 Social Print Ltd 5 years ago

#15 Your case looks more like ink level is too high. Try reducing the ink lever for this substrate or make a new color profile on the printer, not in RIP

How can we improve it?
#17 ivoslbg5445 5 years ago

#11 Hi from uploaded images it seems like Optimizer printhead is gone (not only ink limits are high). Print some OP test in Substrate library -> current profile -> Optimizer test... The thing is -faulty OP printhead can be obtained just in printing process and sometimes when checking -> Image quality -> Clean PH -> Print test plot. If on test there are no lines in OP printhead - have to replace this head. Printer never says "This PH is not working". With the 570 latex (that we are using now and there are 2 OP PH's) problem is the same.

Cheers.

How can we improve it?
#18 ronaledsmith 4 years ago

I had also needed the same help but my assistant fixed this.

How can we improve it?
#19 paulelw 4 years ago

Normally should be a printhead issue. Do a diagnostic print to check quality. If any printheads are out of warranty and show any breaks at all then replace them. Especially look out for your Black/Cyan printhead since printhead alignment reads from black as the control.

Do an optimizer check to make sure the optimizer is printing correctly. if you have new heads this should not be an issue.

Do a check for saturation amounts. Also make sure artwork doesn't have too high a level of colours that may oversaturate the image. Why would there be high levels of magenta in a black area when it is really not needed(for example)?

Check the media is new/fresh and consistent. Does the same file print differently on another media? Check any setting on a media that works and try to have similar. You may even need to create a whole new profile. Some profiles you download may need to be adjusted to suit your working conditions so you may need to treat the media as needing a fresh new profile. I would personally choose a generic profile and then generate/derive a new one from scratch.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.