Cancel search

hp latex l25500 error 79:04 before starting the job

HP Latex 200 Series

#1 limuel 8 years ago

hp latex l25500 error 79:04 before starting the job, anyone encounter this issue

#2 HP-MarcM 8 years ago

Hi limuel,

I've checked this error message with some experts on the L25500. This error message indicates a generic firmware error (equivalent to a blue screen in windows). There are several issues that could cause this error message to appear. I will recommend to contact your support source in order to identify properly the cause of the message.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 current 6 years ago

I am fighting with this too.

Looks like the latest firmware is v.7 I have v.5 and it won't accept v.7 for some reason.

I am looking for versions between v.5 and v.7 in hopes that I can gradually get up-to-date

Here is what I found:

79:04

Generic Firmware II

SE Code: 79:04 - Generic firmware error IIProblem Description:Generic Firmware error.Corrective Action:•Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and disconnect the Power cord. Reconnect thepower cord and power On the Printer.•Check that the Printer has the latest Firmware version, if not, update the firmware to the latestversion.•Try using different selections in the RIP to print the image.•For more detailed information on troubleshooting the 79:04 system error refer to Page 72

How can we improve it?
#4 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @current

System error 79:04 is a generic error produced by something related with the Firmware. In order to solve it I suggest you to contact your support service.

How can we improve it?
#5 kennydviet5257 5 years ago

#3 current, I was trying to response to you firmware update issue but it's closed for some reason. My L25500 printer will not boot up after the update firmware I tired.

You had said "I was able to do a factory reset to get the machine running again." Please explain how you did so. Were you referring to the 2.11EEPROM reset? I am not able to get into the system menu as it will not boot up. Please help or I will be force to buy another hd. My email is: kennydviet@gmail.com - thx

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.