Cancel search

HP310 in 6P unfortunatly not faster as my 8 year old VP300 - Feature Request

HP Latex 310 Printer

#1 hub2000 8 years ago

Hello,

when printing on roll unfortunately the printer does a curing and warm-up between each jobs, see appended picture.

This is totally unnecessary because its done when printting the next job.

The following time loss is when printing 19 jobs with each 2,5 meters on a roll

Print: 13:13 Minutes

Drying 1:56 Minutes

Finishing: 0:18 Minutes

Preparing to print: 0:28 Minutes

Total Loss per job: 2:42 Minutes

Total Loss per roll: 51 Minutes = 20% time waste on top!

A total loss of 51 minutes is far too much because it’s simply technically unnecessary if you print several jobs one after another on a roll.

I request a feature to be able to turn off via rip or panek the curing mode in beween jobs.

In the user guide is written:

“If jobs of the same print mode as the already-printed file are sent while the printer is Drying or Finishing, the printer goes to “Preparing to print.”This is NOT THE CASE. The printer goes not to “Preparing to print” while the printer is drying or finishing. This is my request!

Attachments
   image003.png
#2 dypinc 8 years ago

I have wondered this myself as the L25500 did not have this behaviour and would start printing the next job almost immediately.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 HP-MarcM 8 years ago

Hi both,

As you can see in the image attached by hub2000, the concatenation of jobs or nesting while printing is a feature that is only available on the HP Latex 200 Series.

Regarding user guide statement:

"If jobs of the same print mode as the already-printed file are sent while the printer is Drying (if the cutter is not enabled) or Finishing, the printer goes to Preparing to print."

The unit doesn't let to send a second job until "drying" status, but even if the printer has reached the "drying" process, it has to finish it and then the printer will start right away with "preparing to print".

In my opinion, if you I'll recommend you to nest to print several jobs in the same workflow in order to save time.

By the other hand, I'll take into consideration your feedback and i'll make sure it will be taken into consideration for future products.

How can we improve it?
#4 hub2000 8 years ago

Hello,

thank you for your response.

Nesting is not an option, even my S-Class summa cannot cut a 50 meter job in one time, and we want to cut-off between each 2 meter jobs.

So nesting is not a option.

I am disappointed to hear "will be incorporated in future products". Is the 310 not a "future" or actual product?

In my opinion its a simple change in software/firmware, add some lines of code

IF RIP_OPTION_Drying = ON THEN

Dry 1 Minute

Heat up 1 Minute

ELSE

Start next Job

ENDIF

I simply dont understand where is the problem?

hub2000

How can we improve it?
#5 HP-MarcM 7 years ago

Hi hub2000.

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear, when I said: "By the other hand, I'll take into consideration your feedback and i'll make sure it will be taken into consideration for future products"

I meant that I've send you feedback to the HP Latex 300 team in order to have you petitions in consideration for future releases (firmware, new printers,....) I can't guarantee that this option will be implemented or not, since it doesn't depend on me.

How can we improve it?
#6 hub2000 7 years ago

Hello,

do the new 370 / 5xx printers have the concatenated feature?

is there plannened to incorporate the concatenated feature in the latex 310 series?

brg

hub2000

How can we improve it?
#7 HP-MarcM 7 years ago

Hi hub2000,

The new HP Latex 500 Printer Series do have this feature. I really don't know if this feature will be implemented or not in previous products. I've already sent your feedback to the product manager in order to have it under considerations.

Hope this helps.

How can we improve it?
#8 hub2000 7 years ago

hello,

i DID it !!!

Since january i gave complaints to my dealer and the last months i made some measurements and documentations, which i sent to my dealer to put pressure on this item.

First they didn't want to hear but finally, today i downloaded the new firmware where the continious printig is now possible for Latex 310!!

Thank you HP for finally accepting my complaints and providing a solution.I know a big company needs some time. And to be honest at the end i did not expect that this will still happen...

Printing reel-to-reel is now 20% faster. 2nd machne will be HP560. Thank you!!!!

Guys you can all give me 50 bucks for a faster machine

brg hub2000

How can we improve it?
#9 dypinc 7 years ago

"Guys you can all give me 50 bucks for a faster machine "

Your not the only one who complained about this.

How can we improve it?
#10 HP-MarcM 7 years ago

Hi Guys,

I'm glad to see you like the upgrade. Here in HP we always hear your feedback since it help us to keep working to deliver products that fit better your necessities. Not always is possible to delver everything you are looking for, but we try to include the maximum of your ideas to our plans,

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.