Cancel search

Latex 560 - Head crash printing to Dreamscape DS-TERRALON sd -13-54-50 wall covering

HP Latex 500 Series

#1 Thinklittle 6 years ago

I have been fighting with head crash on our new HP Latex 560 for several days now while printing on Dreamscape Terralon PN S-TERRALON sd -13-54-50 wall covering. The profile that we are using was obtained from HP download via the printer control screen. We are using Onyx v12. I am using a take up roll and have ensured that the skew was within acceptable limits per the printer. I have tried:

1. lifting the print rollers and repositioning the substrate.

2. completly unloading and re-loading media ensuring everthing was nice and flat.

3. Utilize the edge guides with no luck.

I am new to this printer and Rip software so I am at a loss to know where to adjust the curring temp, and or vacume setting for a perticular job. Can you pont me in the right direction regarding adjusting these settings on this printer?

Thank you.

#2 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @Thinklittle

I will suggest to “play with the settings” (by decreasing ink density and curing temperature) with a new profile. Environment temperature also plays it rolls in here, so bare in mind that recommended external relative humidity is between 25% and 55%.

In order to do so, you need to clone the profile substrate set a new name and modify values even create new print mode. Please visit the User Guide page 90.

I hope this information helps

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 Thinklittle 6 years ago

Thank you for the input. I wound up being a curing tempreture issue. The curing temp in the profile was set to 221F and as the substrate entered the curing area it was shrinking and that caused waves in the substrate. The waves were just high enough for the print head to make contact. I reduced the curing temp by 10F and the issue was resolved. The Latex 560 has two optimizers so the ink cures just fine at the lower temp.

How can we improve it?
#4 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @Thinklittle

There is a new profile for the Dreamscape DS-TERRALON sd -13-54-50 wall covering which the engineering team believes will perform better and is uploaded on the Media Solution Locator. I will also suggest to use the take up reel which helps to improve possible deformations on some substrates. By printing inside inwards and select the sub tension bar working force in the front panel of your printer will help to improve length accuracy between tiles. I hope this information helps. Let me know if the new Certified Profile performs better.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.