Cancel search

Latex R1000 Aluminum Curing Temperature

#1 Image360-York 3 years ago

Hello All,

We consistently encounter head strikes and crashes when running .040 aluminum through our Latex R1000 flatbed, from the material warping inside the printer. We are using the heat-sensitive lever during the printing process. Does anyone have any recommendations to help alleviate this issue? Curing temps, vacuum settings are some of my thoughts.

Thanks

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 3 years ago

Hi @Image360-York,

I would recommend using the generic substrate available on the substrate library.

Hope this helps.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No1
How can we improve it?
#3 ctustin7302 3 years ago

Hi @Image360-York,

I am having this same issue trying to print on .040" aluminum. Did you have any success adjusting your settings?

Thanks in advance!

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#4 HP-daniel.donnelly5413 3 years ago

Hi @Image360-York, Increase print airflow to 100. Set cure vacuum to 250 or less if available. Set input and print cure to 1300. Increase cure gap to 1.25". Increase cure airflow to 500. If curing is not complete (impinging marks): Reduce ink density (color dependent of course). Increase passes. Increase cure airflow. Increase cure temp. Add 500ms interpass delay.

Was this helpful?Yes1 No0
100% of users thought this content was helpful.
How can we improve it?
#5 tomhunter1.970239088 2 years ago

#4 Thank you so much for helping with this wonderful Post.

upsers account

Was this helpful?Yes1 No0
100% of users thought this content was helpful.
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.