Cancel search

Printing at 1200x1200

HP Latex 100 Series

#1 FC Graphics 5 years ago

I am not sure how to designate each media to print 1200x1200. I would love to be able to print at that for many medias. How do I change dpi settings and not get an error? Or it just changes it back to 600x600. So far I haven't had anything print at 1200 dpi. What am I missing? Thank you in advance.

#2 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

1200 dpi print resolution is available in the 18-pass print mode only. If you intend to use it, ensure that you have a specific substrate preset for this print mode, because reusing others may not deliver the expected print quality.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 FC Graphics 5 years ago

Hey Sonia,

I have tried to set the pass higher. But it always tells me it isn't supported. I just wonder how I can create a profile to work with it. Maybe I am just doing something backwards. In any case. I hope this helps some.

Thanks!

How can we improve it?
#4 alex6331 4 years ago

SAME HERE, FIGHTING WITH THIS FOR A LONG TIME, WHAT I FOUND IN ANOTHER POST WAS THAT USING THE 18 PASS MODE PRINTS AT 1200 X 1200 EVEN IT SAYS 600 X 600, THATS WHAT I UNDERSTOOD.

How can we improve it?
#5 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

As mentioned by HP-MarcM from the User Guide documentation the printer will print at 1200x1200 DPI only at 18Passes while the rendering resolution of the RIP is 600DPI. I hope this information helps.

Was this helpful?Yes2 No0
100% of users thought this content was helpful.
How can we improve it?
#6 FC Graphics 4 years ago

#5 Sorry for losing sight of this thread. So even though it shows 600dpi in the rip. If 1200dpi is selected the printer will print at 1200dpi. Is that correct?

How can we improve it?
#7 HP-ColorGuy 4 years ago

#6 Yes, your understanding is correct. The file that is generated by the RIP is rendered at 600 pixels-per-inch (PPI) resolution, and the printer outputs at 18-pass at 1,200x1,200 dots-per-inch print (DPI) resolution.

Was this helpful?Yes1 No0
100% of users thought this content was helpful.
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.