Cancel search

Printing Reds on HP Latex 365 thru Flexi

HP Latex 300 Series

#1 art5882 5 years ago

Hello,

What's the best way to print a true red on our new Latex 365? We are using Flexi 12, and all firmware is up to date. We have done all the calibrations but our reds always come out bit dull and desaturated. I also tried printing a red swatch directly from the default red in Flexi but it is still duller than it should be.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA!

#2 dypinc 5 years ago

Are you creating your own output profiles?

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 art5882 5 years ago

I'm using the output profiles assigned by the substrate manufacturer. Different profiles for different materials, of course. Reds look cruddy on all materials.

How can we improve it?
#4 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

I also encourage to read this article https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/blog/reaching-more-vivid-colors-in-a-hp-latex-printer

How can we improve it?
#5 dypinc 5 years ago

That your biggest problem. You need to be creating your own profiles if you want to be getting more saturated reds.

How can we improve it?
#6 art5882 5 years ago

I went in and created a custom profile as suggested. I didn't notice a huge difference, but I'm sure it helped nevertheless.

I think my main issue is that I wasn't using a good red to begin with. It was recommended to me to use the default red in Flexi, but I did some other swatches and they looked much better than the Flexi red. So I'll make a few more swatches and see what prints the best and go from there.

Thanks for the input!

How can we improve it?
#7 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

Keep us informed on the results!

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.