Cancel search

Problems of regular vertical bands hp latex 360

HP Latex 360 Printer

#1 alexrrepro 7 years ago

Problems of regular vertical bands hp latex 360

Hello everyone
I'm having vertical bands issues on avery 2000 vinyl in my latex hp360. Are produced above all in strong colors like the gray you see in the photo.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
alex

Attachments
   ok.jpg
#2 HP-MarcM 7 years ago

Hi alexrrepro,

After having a look to your image, I'll suggest you the following:

Different kinds of vertical bands may appear, for different reasons.

• Regular vertical bands matching the shape of the platen may be seen on paper-based substrates and in general on thin substrates in medium-density area fills such as grays or Try the following suggestions to mitigate this problem:

• Align the printheads (See Align the printheads on page 127 of the User Guide).
    • Reduce the vacuum level in steps of 5 mmH2O when printing on Do not exceed the lower limit of 10 mmH2O for vinyls or 25 mmH2O for papers to avoid crashes and/or smears. Consider using the substrate edge holders to avoid lateral crashes (See The edge holders on page 63 of the User Guide).
    • Consider using the take-up reel, for better control of the substrate.
    • This kind of banding is less visible when the printer is stable at high temperature (after more than half an hour of continuous printing). You can help to avoid visible banding by modifying the printing queue so that vulnerable or important prints are printed later; or by pre-warming the printer by using the option available in your RIP.
  • Thin vertical dark bands, typically seen in the first 150–200 mm of the print in high-density area fills or in backlit applications
    • Reduce the ink quantity if possible.
    • Disable the cutter (360 only).
    • When using backlit and synthetic substrates, decrease the vacuum level to values around 5–15, depending on the substrate More vacuum is normally applied to thick substrates and less to thin substrates.
    • Increase the number of passes
    • If applicable, use the RIP to group jobs together, so that printer temperatures remain more stable between jobs.
  • Irregular or isolated vertical bands with abnormal levels of graininess
    • Increase the vacuum level in steps of 5 mmH2 Do not exceed the following limits: 20 mmH2O for banners, 45 mmH2O for vinyl, and 50 mmH2O for other substrate families.
    • In backlit applications, increase the number of passes to 20, maintaining the vacuum level below 20 mmH2O
    • If the banding appears only at the beginning of the print, disable the cutter (360 only) and advance the substrate manually about 100–150 mm before the first print.

If none of these recommendations owrk, I'll suggest you to contact your support source. Plase let me know it this helped you.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 PG1 7 years ago

Hi

Looks more like plasticiser migration to me.

Is this either Banner or Vinyl, if so this is a known issue. You will need to speak to your media supplier about it.

How can we improve it?
#4 PG1 7 years ago

Oops, added the above response to the wrong string.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.