Cancel search

Wavey Patterns in Print HP Latex 310

HP Latex 310 Printer

#1 WrapThatCar 5 years ago

Has anyone else experienced this wavy rippled pattern while printing? I am using an HP Latex 310 and printing on 3M IJ35 at 10 Pass with 100% Saturation and a temperature of 241. This pattern has been happening throughout the entire print (about 40'), and I'm not sure if it's a printing problem or a media problem. I have tried adjusting my heat levels, but that does not make a difference. I have also tried to clean an area with alcohol and do a test print to see if it is plasticizer issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

#2 WrapThatCar 5 years ago

I'm sorry. I think I posted this in the wrong section of the forum (my 1st time). I have moved it to the Printers forum topics.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 hsdmaint6409 4 years ago

looks like not enough vaccum

How can we improve it?
#4 ivoslbg5445 4 years ago

#1 If it's not happening on other vinyl - its substrate problem. Mostly humidity in room makes the damage, inks and optimizer can't cover properly and evenly the surface... Try a simple test (works most of the time) - start to print, when waves are seen - stop the print, let the printer cure this area, then move media to that point and start print again and see if there is a difference (you'll see fine image). If its humidity problem, when curing, surface is normalized...There are other factors like defective roll...

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.