Cancel search

HP Latex 560 Carriage cleaning

#1 kyle7180 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a way to clean the bottom of the print head carriage on a HP 560?

I have noticed build up of ink around the edges of the carriage where the print head sits, but I have no idea how to clean them. Since the only access is where the the print heads slide in, or where the maintenance cartridge is inserted (but can't access the carriage still since it then sits over the printing platen).

At the moment if needed I just pull out each printhead and clean around the edges as best I can, but then I have to go through the whole printhead alignment each time. Just wanted to know if there was another way to clean, since it used to be so easy with the old solvent printers.

Thank you for any feedback

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 3 years ago

Hi @kyle7180,

When you Re-insert the Printhead you can avoid the printhead alignment; press the red "X" button on the front panel before the printhead alignment start.

I hope this helps.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 ivoslbg5445 3 years ago

#1 Hi @kyle7180, Try Printhead replacement procedure and when the carriage in front of you, remove printheads, shut down the printer from the back switch,open and pull maintenance cartridge carefully, push the printhead carriage to the maint.cart. space and now you can access the bottom surface without touching the printheads nozzles. When cleaning don't push too hard on parts, use lint free clothes. When finish, move back the carriage and don't insert printheads! You may insert maint.cartridge and close all covers. Start printer and follow steps for completing printhead installations. Keep in mind that after every printhead removal you have to make printhead alignment, but of course you may cancel that (but printing quality will be poor)... Forgot to mention - you don't need to do that cleaning every day, week or month, just if needed. Cheers

Was this helpful?Yes1 No0
100% of users thought this content was helpful.
How can we improve it?
#4 kyle7180 3 years ago

#3 Thank you very much, that was exactly the information I needed! I wanted to make sure I could remove the maintenance cartridge when powered off, I just wanted to make sure the proper order of procedure to not mess anything up. Thank you all for your information!

Was this helpful?Yes2 No0
100% of users thought this content was helpful.
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.