Cancel search

Head strik issue while printing thin substrate on R2000

#1 dhruv1002 3 years ago

Hi All , anyone facing challenge to print on thin substrate like abs ( 0.75 mm to 0.9 mm ) mostly sheets are deforming on printing bed only and  knocks the sensor 

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 3 years ago

Hi @dhruv1002,

While I can't tell where the deformation happens, there are some tips for printing with thin rigid substrates. This kind of material is heat sensitive and requires higher values for the vacuum. Also, when the deformations happen on the sides, it could be interesting to use the Media Edge Holders. I hope it helps.

Was this helpful?Yes1 No0
100% of users thought this content was helpful.
How can we improve it?
#3 hoangthang 2 years ago

Hi #1,

On my experience when printing thin PET film with around 2mm thickness, I use 2 sided tape to fix to position of the sheet on the belt. With bigger sheet, I taped is on the bigger board of aluminium to make it flat while printing.

Media Edge Holder is the good option for deformation but only when it happen on 2 side of the sheet, if it happen on the middle of the sheet, 2 sided tape is good choice. But make sure you clean the glue after printing, because it can prevent the suction when printing other media.

Hope this help.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#4 derek22352 3 days ago

Sorry this is old by now but i'm CURRENTLY in the middle of running a bunch of 18"x24"x.080" aluminum and am having NOTHING but ass aches, with constant head strikes. I've manually raised it twice now and still have yet to run one with no issue. I forgot about the double face adhesive but i feel like that shouldn't be necessary, what about when i need to run similar substrates two sided???

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.