Cancel search

HP Latex 365 Faint Banding in Dark Green

#1 MaxedOut 2 years ago

We are printing auto wrap (Avery Dennison 1105) with large panels of just solid color, a darker green to be exact. I have talked to support and made the recommended adjustments, but we are still seeing very faint horizontal and vertical banding. All printheads are fairly new, everything is calibrated and aligned, long run consistency is turned on. We are printing on 12 pass with ink density at 100%.

Inter pass delay set at 1500 ms. OP at 3%. Temp 210 degrees. Vacuum at 25.

Attached are photos of the faint banding before and after lamination. Any ideas as to how to correct this? We were able to remedy the problem last time it came up printing much lighter green, but I haven't been able to make this go away.

The problem came out of nowhere to begin with, banding has never been a serious issue for us in the past year or two.

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 2 years ago

Hi @MaxedOut,

This media is complicated when it comes to banding.

What we can recommend, apart from using the OMS from the media locator, having the PHs in good shape and manually aligned, correct advance calibration, CLC performed..., is to increase the number of passes and decrease the ink density to see if this helps to mitigate the banding.

I hope this helps.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.