Cancel search

Latex 1500-Cleaning roll wiper adjustment documentation

#1 jburton10441 2 years ago

I recently changed out my wiper in the print cleaning roll assembly and its cleaning much better. The diagnostic for printing out a patterning on the cleaning roll and adjusting the height lacks a coherent instruction set. Is there a pdf with pictures that shines a light on this topic? Thanks

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea a year ago

Hi @jburton10441,

Regarding the 1st question about a document with instructions on how to adjust the height of the cleaning roll, we don't have a specific document. To calibrate the height of the cleaning roll, you need to follow the instructions shown on the screen when running the diagnostic 47006. To evaluate if the result is ok you can follow the instructions from the attached images.

Regarding the other question about the firmware update, there's no issue when you upgrade the firmware from version 4 to version 8 in one shot if you are using the UpgradeTool provided at HP Latex 1500 Printer Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-latex-1500-printer/10683879. That tool will update the firmware automatically from the version installed on the HDD to the newest one.

I hope this heps.

Attachments
   image1.png
   image2.png
Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 jburton10441 a year ago

#2 My diagnostics have only 47002-47005 and 47010. When running 47010 there was an error reading the NVM value but the test results showed a pass. The setup of the wiper height was most likely the job of the install team to verbally relate to the printer operator. The lack of descriptive tuning of the wiper system is really disappointing.

Attached is my test print on the cleaning roll. I cant make any judgement between my print and the guide image you sent. If you could help me out here I would appreciate it, ty

Attachments
   roll.JPG
How can we improve it?
#4 HP Daniela Ciolompea a year ago

Hi @jburton10441,

There are currently some known issues with the two diagnostics mentioned above and we are working on fixing them in the next FW release. The possible problems generated due to the 47010 diagnostics can be solved by installing a .OMS.

I recommend calling your service support representative to adjust the Cleaning Roll wiper height and install the .oms.

How can we improve it?
#5 jburton10441 a year ago

#4 What is a .OMS? The tech/engineer I'm talking to has never heard of that. Thank you

How can we improve it?
#6 HP Daniela Ciolompea a year ago

Hi @jburton10441,

The .oms is a file generated from the FW team and is installed as a media preset. This is used to fix specific issues that the printer might encounter, without the actual FW team getting involved. I suggest contacting your support representative who can engage with an HP representative to provide that file.

How can we improve it?
#7 a year ago

I got some useful advice for myself here. Thanks a lot for the question and the advice given

How can we improve it?
#8 bottombend12370 a year ago

Hi @cuphead This is used to fix specific issues that the printer might encounter, and it does so without involving the actual FW team. I would recommend getting in touch with your support representative, who will then be able to coordinate with an HP representative to provide you with that file.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.