Cancel search

Hp latex 115 All printheads failing.

#1 Fractalishious a week ago

I printed several jobs on a Friday without any issues aside of cyan ink cartridge needing to be replaced prior to beginning the last job for the day. I go to print some more stuff on a Sunday to find my magenta banding in a bland orange color. I cancel the job and print several swatches and they are all banding from what I can see, with the exception of yellow as it’s too light and and black as I didn’t print it.

I started off by turning the machine off and unplugging for a minute and then rebooting. I then ran a diagnostic plot on my heads and it looked like every head except yellow (too light for my old eyes to see) was missing nozzles, including black. I ran some head cleans and then test plots a couple of times and after the second one everything was printing solid again in plots and test swatches with the exception of the 2 cyan heads.

I did a couple of manual cleans using distilled water on the heads of both cyans, followed by a head clean through the menus on only the black/cyan heads (both) and they appeared to be very close to solid once again. I go ahead and attempt to run my print job once again and everything is running smoooth until the magenta starts to band and turn orange once again. I cancel the job and print swarches again only to find them all bland and banding like they were at the start so after about 15 feet of tests and several cleanings, I’m back to square 1. It’s 2am and I give up. Advice anyone? Many thanks in advance.

Attachments
#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea a week ago

Hi @Fractalishious,

Try manually advancing the MeC web by turning the wheel at the bottom to sanitize the printhead cleaning area. If you still see the same problem and replacing the affected printheads and/or MeC does not solve the problem, contact your support representative for advanced troubleshooting.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.