Cancel search

Latex 115 Printer - Best PVC Banner Material -

#1 nancy.galaxie73 3 years ago

Please can somebody recommend the best PVC Pull-up Banner Material to use with a Latex printer and the printer profile. ? The PVC banner material we used crinkled from the heat. I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Nancy

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 3 years ago

Hi @nancy.galaxie73,

I would recommend exploring the media locator by following this link https://www.printos.com/ml/#/medialocator. I can't recommend a specific media without knowing which is your application.

I hope it helps.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 nancy.galaxie73 3 years ago

Thank you for coming back to me. #2

How can we improve it?
#4 kenmwegainc9250 2 years ago

Can I use latex hp 335 to print on PVC banner material? If so, how?

How can we improve it?
#5 HP Daniela Ciolompea 2 years ago

Hi @kenmwegainc9250,

Yes, the PVC banner is on the supported substrates list. Here are some recommendations for using it:

 Some substrates may become sticky when heated by the curing system; especially banners and double-sided banners under high temperatures. To avoid the problem, HP recommends reducing the curing temperature as much as possible and reducing the front tension (avoid using the take-up reel if possible).

 When printing on textiles, PVC banners, or any other substrate types that it cannot cut, the RIP disables the cutter.

 Increase the vacuum level in steps of 5 mmH2O. Do not exceed the following limits: 20 mmH2O for banners, 45 mmH2O for vinyl, and 50 mmH2O for other substrate families.

 Alternatively, especially with vinyl and banners, some individual rolls may have a defective coating; for instance, the coating may have aged. This can cause uneven area fills in light areas. In this case, try a new roll.

 Consider un-laminated use with scratch resistance comparable to hard solvent inks on SAV and PVC banners.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.