Cancel search

Hp Latex 310 printing issue. ink atomizaton?

HP Latex 300 Series

#1 PLUMcrazySRT 6 years ago

Hey everyone, been having a issue with our hp latex 310 for a few months now. changed inks, all printheads. Icc profiles, media profiles, everything with no prevail. Also cleaning printheads etc.at first it was after long run prints nearing the end of the print I would get a splatterd look to the ink like that ink itself isnt getting busted up enough before its hitting the viynl. Im really at my wits end, ive changed the maintainence cartridge also? could that cause enything like this? I tried printing tonight after changing printheads yesterday and it printed great for about a foot or more then back to the splattered **bleep**ty print. ive attached a picture i hope someone can help me out....at time it seems like its putting on alot more ink than it use too also. its alos set on 8 pass not 10 while printing.

Attachments
   photo.PNG
#2 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @PLUMcrazySRT

My recommendation is to use a profiled preset and certified media to get the best results on your printing job. Please visit the HP Media Solution Locator.

In addition if you are still experiencing this issue try to use optimized presets for tiling, using as based the profiled preset and following all the steps from the Front Panel: set color reference and ICC profile, then select new preset created (it will finish such as "optimized for tiling").

I hope this information helps and you can keep on printing.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 PLUMcrazySRT 6 years ago

Just tried another print used a 3m media profile to see this time, same thing for the first foot of the print the ink is finer and atomized and then its just splattered looking for the rest of the print?

How can we improve it?
#4 PLUMcrazySRT 6 years ago

Like the first foot of the print looks great before it gets splattered looking. could the last update have caused issues like this? last update I did threw this printer for a loop. colors were all wrong. im scared to update it again if I ever get it back printing properly again.

How can we improve it?
#5 PLUMcrazySRT 6 years ago

Ok making progree after a bunch of test prints, changed substrate profiles and it never made a difference. finally threw a code and said optimizer printhead nozzles plugged. ran a few printhead optimizer cleanings and did a test print and no issues in a foot. going to order a new optimizer printhead and go from there, all other printheads are new.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.