Cancel search

HP360 loses its media lenght

HP Latex 360 Printer

#1 DuermeyerPrint 6 years ago

Hi,

I started my machine and it lost the media lenght. It says "Länge unbekannt / lenght unknown". How can this happen? Why does this happen? What is wrong with the machine?

Also, how can one change the media length after the loading is complete, without changing the media?

Please advise, please fix! Thank you, Christian

#2 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @DuermeyerPrint

It's not possible to set the media lenght once it's already loaded. It's only possible during the loading process. But in order to understand a bit more about your issue, I would like to know:

• Is this message "lenght unknown" appearing on the Front Panel or RIP Software?
  • Can you upload an image showwing the message?
  • have you set the lenght manually during the loading process?
  • Does this message impeed to keep printing?

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 DuermeyerPrint 6 years ago

Sorry, I do not have pictures. Sometimes the printer loses its length and says "length unknown" (rough german translation).

It is shown in the field where it usually shows the length left. Usually the length depends on the substrate we load (sometimes its a new roll, sometimes we have like half a roll) and the length is entered manually when we load the substrate.

This message does not delay or cancel the print but it is very very very unconvienient when it comes to determining how much length there is left on the roll.

Please fix the firmware so that one can reenter the substrate length. Sometimes the printer messes with the length and this should be fixable from the panel.

How can we improve it?
#4 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @DuermeyerPrint

Nowadays, the only way to avoid this message is to set the correct length of the current roll once it’s loaded.
Thanks for your feedback, we take it into consideration.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message. This topic is closed for comments.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.