Cancel search

HP Designjet L26500 - Reds printing orange

#1 HussainObaidi 4 years ago

We're new to latex printing, currently have a HP Designjet L26500 and Digital Factory Print RIP. We print on Frontlit banner 440GSM media exclusively as we only have one product.

We made no changes to our profile but noticed that reds and pinks are printing in bright orange colour. Although the test plots show no signs of damaged print heads, replacing both M/LM printheads,temporarily fixes the problem but only for around 50 - 100ml of ink. Obviously this is not a workable solution as they cost £100+ each . Has anyone had this problem before and know the cause?

TIA

#2 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

Hello @HussainObaidi It seems there is a problem with some pinched tube or ink leakage. You should contact HP support service to check it.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 farhan41836732 4 years ago

I am having same issue. My red are coming as orange. I just replaced brand new print head. Would LC expired ink would cause this issue. Red to Orange

How can we improve it?
#4 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

Hello @farhan41836732

It could be a pinched tube or an ink leakage. The expired LC should not be the problem, it seems more a deficit of Magenta (although we have not seen photos). If you have any doubts about the troubleshooting please contact the HP technical Service.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.